Definitions and interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to Smart School Pay, Ltd. via the website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Nigeria Data Protection Laws;
a small text file placed on your computer by this website when you visit certain parts of the website and/or when you use certain features of the website. Details of the cookies used by the website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Smart School Pay, Ltd., We or us
Smart School Pay, Ltd., a company incorporated in Nigeria, whose registered office is at The SSPay House, 4 Okitiakpe Street, Ughelli, Delta State;
User or you
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Smart School Pay, Ltd. and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Smart School Pay, Ltd. and accessing the Website in connection with the provisions of such services;
the website that you are currently using ; smartschoolpay.com, and any sub domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- We may collect the following Data when you open an account, perform any transaction on the smartschoolpay.com platform or use other Smart School Pay, Ltd. services. These personal Data may include:
- Contact information, such as E-mail address, telephone number
- Account information, such as User name and password
- Financial information, such as Bank account information
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected)
Our use of Data
- For purpose of the Nigeria Data Protection Laws, Smart School Pay, Ltd. is the "data controller"
- We will retain any Data you submit for as long as you use services provided by smartschoolpay.com
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy , your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and/ or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principle of the Nigeria data protection laws. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website specifically, Data may be use by us for the following reasons;
- Process your smartschoolpay.com transactions for more details on transaction see the clause below (Transaction). We will process your Personal Information only for the purpose(s) for which it has been provided to us;
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- analyse Smart School Pay, Ltd. website usage and improvement of our services;
- help us respond to your customer service requests and support needs;
- Contact you about smartschoolpay.com Services. The email address you provide may be used to communicate information and updates related to your use of the smartschoolpay.com Services;
Third party websites and services
- In processing your transactions Smart School Pay, Ltd. may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties who help with our business operations. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following;
- Use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- Sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
- You have the right to access your Personal Information to correct, update, and block inaccurate and/or incorrect data. To exercise this right, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Smart School Pay, Ltd. on payment of a small fee, which will not exceed NGN50, 000.
- Data security is of great importance to Smart School Pay, Ltd. and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- This includes performing all associated Transactions on the (Name of Website) Platform;
- Smartschoolpay.com is a fee collection portal for institutions as well as payment portal by institutions to registered staff. The fee amount and payment agreement through this service varies among institutions;
- The bank transfer of currencies among Members and;
- The electronic transfer of currencies among Members.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with the Law in Nigeria.
- Before the Website place Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a pop-up requesting your consent to set those Cookies, By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Smart School Pay, Ltd. to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browser accept Cookies but this can be changed for further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up to date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of Nigeria. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Nigeria courts.
You may contact Smart School Pay, Ltd. by email at email@example.com.
2nd January, 2018